Advertising Disclosure: Many of the listings that appear on this page are from companies which we receive compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). The site does not review or include all companies or all available products.
Spending money to start a new business doesn’t have to just be an outflow of cash. Your credit card can offer rewards and other incentives that can help recoup some of your investment. The key is to determine exactly what you’re spending money on and choosing a card that can maximize your rewards.
Depending on if you’re setting up an office, traveling for business or entertaining new clients, you could find an offer that’s right for you. Here are some of the best offers for business cards on the market:
- Chase Ink Business CashSM
- The Blue BusinessSM Plus Credit Card from American Express
- Bank of America® Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard®
- Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM
- Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
- Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard®
Here are some of the details of these cards:
- One good option is the Chase Ink Business CashSM credit card, which offers 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent at office supply stores and on basics such as internet, cable and phone services. You’ll get 2% back on the first $25,000 spent at gas stations and restaurants. Other perks include 1% cash back on other purchases, a $500 bonus and no annual fee. Compare this card with other small business cards.
- The Blue BusinessSM Plus Credit Card from American Express offers double points on business purchases such as office supplies and client dinners for the first $50,000 and one point for additional charges. Learn more.
- Another excellent choice for small business owners is the Bank of America® Business Advantage Cash Rewards Mastercard®. You get 3% cash back on purchases at gas stations and office supply stores up to $250,000 a year, 2% at restaurants and 1% on all other purchases. There’s a $200 cash bonus and no annual fee.
- The Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM credit card offers 1.5% cash back on all purchases, no annual fee and a $500 introductory bonus.
Compare this card with other small business cards.
- Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business provides 2% cash back, a $500 sign-up bonus. The annual fee is $95, which is waived for the first year. Learn more.
- Bank of America® Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® is a good one for those constantly on the road. You earn 1.5 points for every $1 spent and 3 points on travel purchased through the bank’s travel center, which is run by Orbitz®. With no annual fee and a 25,000 point bonus for signing up, it can help.
Before making a selection, it’s important to closely check the details, including if it costs to add employee cards to the account and if there are restrictions on how points can be redeemed. Click here to compare the latest offers for small businesses.