Members of the education technology community turned out Tuesday night for the 2015 CODiE Awards ceremony, presented by the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) and honoring the most innovative products and services in the education technology market. The annual ceremony and dinner reception, which was held at San Francisco’s Palace Hotel, are a highlight of SIIA’s Education Information Summit.
Twenty-three companies received honors in 28 categories. uCertify was the big winner of the night, taking home seven awards, including overall “Best Education Solution” for uCertify Course. McGraw-Hill received three awards, including overall “Best Post Secondary Solution” for McGraw-Hill Connect. Schoology nabbed two awards, including overall “Best PK-12 Solution” for its learning management system.
Here is the complete list of this year’s winners, listed by category, solution and company:
- Best Arts and Creativity Solution: Middle School Art, Pearson Education
- Best Career and Workforce Readiness Solution: uCertify LEARN, uCertify
- Best Classroom Management Solution: Metria Master Teacher Edition, Metria Teaching and Learning Technologies, Inc.
- Best Collaborative Social Media Solution for Educators: edweb.net, edWeb.net,
- Best Corporate Learning/Workforce Development Solution: (tie) Storyline 2, Articulate and uCertify LEARN, uCertify
- Best Cross-Curricular Solution: K-12 Website and Mobile Solution, SharpSchool
- Best Education Cloud-Based Solution: The SpringBoard Digital, College Board (SpringBoard)
- Best Educational App for a Mobile Device: Istation ISIP Advanced Reading, Istation
- Best ELL/World Language Acquisition Instructional Solution: ReadingA-Z.com, Learning A-Z
- Best Game-Based Curriculum Solution: ST Math:Middle School Supplement, MIND Research Institute
- Best Instructional Solution in Other Curriculum Areas: uCertify COURSE, uCertify
- Best K-12 Course or Learning Management Solution: Schoology, Schoology Inc.
- Best K-12 Enterprise Solution: The MyLearningPlan Enterprise Solution, My Learning Plan Inc.
- Best Learning Capacity-Building Solution: SmartBook, McGraw Hill Education
- Best Mathematics Instructional Solution: TenMarks Math, TenMarks Education, Inc.
- Best PK-12 Personalized Learning Solution: DreamBox , DreamBox Learning
- Best Postsecondary Enterprise Solution: CrisisManager, SchoolDude
- Best Postsecondary Learning Management Solution: Edvance360 LMS-SN, Edvance360
- Best Postsecondary Learning Solution: uCertify COURSE, uCertify
- Best Postsecondary Personalized Learning Solution: McGraw-Hill Connect, McGraw Hill Education
- Best Professional Learning Solution for Education: Professional Learning Platform (PLP), Knowledge Delivery Systems, Inc.
- Best Reading/English/Language Arts Instructional Solution: Edgenuity English Language Arts, Edgenuity Inc.
- Best Science Instructional Solution: Science Bits, Science Bits
- Best Social Sciences or Social Studies Instructional Solution: The Discovery Education Social Studies Techbook series, Discovery Education
- Best Solution for Special Needs Students: Unique Learning System, n2y
- Best Source for Reference or Education Resources: PBS LearningMedia, PBS
- Best Student Assessment Solution: uCertify TEST, uCertify
- Best Virtual Learning Solution: uCertify LAB, uCertify
This year marks the 29th anniversary for the CODiE Awards. All nominated products and services go through two rounds of review, first by a committee of tech-savvy educators then members of SIIA.
“SIIA’s 2015 Education CODiE Award winners are some of the most innovative, high-impact education products out there,” said Karen Billings, vice president and managing director of the ETIN-SIIA, in a prepared statement. “We congratulate all of this year’s CODiE Award winners, and thank them for the contributions they have made to the education industry.”