SmartBrief’s food and beverage readers found millennials’ love of Nestle and Hershey a sweet read this week, sending the story to the top of this week’s most-read list, which also included CPG stories about McCormick’s investment in packaging innovation and Post’s plans for acquisitions next year.
Grocery retail stories also proved popular, starting with the pricing strategy that’s propelling German discount supermarket chain ALDI’s rapid global growth. Albertsons’ IPO plans ranked high, as did Wegmans’ growth in Massachusetts and Kroger’s increasingly aggressive acquisition strategy.
Here’s the entire top 10 list:
- Nestle, Hershey rank in the top food brands millennials love
- SNA steps up efforts to relax federal nutrition regulations
- McCormick invests in the future of packaging
- More acquisitions may be in store for Post in 2016, CEO says
- A closer look at ALDI’s price strategy
- Albertsons revisits IPO
- Wegmans continues rapid Mass. expansion with 6th store
- Holiday baking tips from Milk Bar owner Christina Tosi
- Behind Kroger’s more aggressive approach to acquisitions
- Young foodies fuel new courses of study
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 14 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.