With Connected Educator Month right around the corner, we wanted to tell you about an exciting new partnership between Connected Educators and SmartBrief. Connected Educator SmartBrief is a free weekly publication that seeks to bring together educators from around the world and from all disciplines who are moving toward a fully connected and collaborative profession.
Connected Educator Month, an initiative of the U.S. Department of Education and key industry partners, brings together millions of educators during the month of October for professional development opportunities. Now in its fourth year, Connected Educator Month is expected to draw millions of professionals from over 140 countries.
Connected Educator SmartBrief will aim to keep these educators engaged and informed of timely news and developments internationally in K-12 and higher education throughout the year. Each week we’ll feature the latest news and stories from leading education sources in areas such as Stories from the Field, Tech Tools & Trends, Future Ready Leaders, and Connecting Classrooms. In addition you’ll get updates specifically about Connected Educator Month and other Connected Educator initiatives.
Here are stories featured in this week’s issue:
- Teacher uses Skype to connect students across the country
- S.C. district’s communications plan includes mobile app
- What is “wirearchy,” and how can you develop it?
Plus, check out the latest CEM news:
- This year’s CEM themes have been officially released — check them out, and the all-star cast of organizations that have been working hard behind the scenes to get them up and running!
- Can’t wait for October to get here? Here are 10 things you can do to get more involved, from getting a starter kit to adding events to the calendar, to helping your friends and colleagues engage, and more!
Please take a moment to sign up for Connected Educator SmartBrief and let us know what you think in the comments section below. And share your plans for Connected Educator Month too!
Jared Stearns is the marketing manager for SmartBrief Education.