SmartPulse — our weekly reader poll in Smartbrief on Social Media — tracks feedback from leading marketers about social media practices and issues. Paul Chaney, Internet marketing director for Bizzuka and member of the SmartBrief on Social Media Advisory Board, helps create the questions and analyzes the results. We run the poll question each Wednesday in our e-newsletter and feature Paul’s analysis on this blog.
Last week’s poll question: What did you do while Twitter was down last week?
- Don’t use Twitter, so not an issue. 39%
- Paid it no attention really. 38%
- Clicked incessantly, hoping it would come back up. 14%
- Actually got some work done. 8%
- Went to FriendFeed to talk about Twitter’s being down. 1%
“Despite Twitter’s popularity, obviously not everyone is using it in a meaningful way. I admit to being part of the anxious 14% checking Twitter every few minutes to see if the site was back up. Talk about a Pavlovian response. For me, Twitter is a valuable business communications tool that I find I have difficulty doing without these days.” –Paul Chaney