Last week, we asked: How do you think your people would rate you as a leader?
- They think I’m an above-average leader: 62%
- They think I’m an average leader: 21%
- They think I’m the best leader they’ve ever had: 12%
- They think I’m a below-average leader: 3%
- They think I’m a terrible leader: 2 %
It seems the economic clouds are lifting from a business-investment standpoint. The large majority of you is starting to spend, albeit on targeted investments and hiring opportunities. Hopefully, those investments translate into growth, increased profitability and the beginning of an improved hiring and spending environment. For those still hunkering down, beware of staying that way too long. Your competitors are likely making investments, and they could pull ahead and seize opportunities you miss because you have the purse strings pulled tight.