SmartPulse — our weekly reader poll in Smartbrief on Workforce — tracks feedback from leading managers and HR practitioners. We run the poll question each Wednesday in our e-newsletter.
Last week, we asked: As executive pay continues to be closely scrutinized, what steps are you taking within your organization to ensure compliance with SEC and federal regulations?
- We aren’t subject to the compensation rules, 48%
- Our current rules and procedures are adequate, 26%
- I don’t know, 23%
- We are revising our rules and/or procedures with guidance from an outside firm, 3%
- We aren’t revising our rules and/or procedures, but we are considering it, 1%
While I am happy that almost 75% of readers responding felt confident about the current status of their program, I have to wonder what’s going on with the other 25% of readers? Are you being left out of the loop when it comes to executive compensation? For years, HR has fought to be included in discussing strategy and compliance in this area and now more than ever, it is important for them to play a role in figuring out the best course of action.
Lance Haun is vice president of outreach for MeritBuilder, the main guy over at Rehaul.com and a member of the SmartBrief on Workforce Advisory Board.