Keeping you informed of the latest news and trends in talent management is our mission, and we’ve pulled together some of the top names in human resources to help. As members of our new Workforce Advisory Board, this group of HR thought leaders and practitioners will advise SmartBrief on the direction and content of the SmartBrief on Workforce daily newsletter, this blog and @SBWorkforce on Twitter.
The Board includes experts on HR technology, recruiting, federal government careers, personal branding and leadership development, among other hot topics. They have experience working with the smallest of startups, as well as Fortune 500 companies.
The founding members include:
- Steve Boese, technology expert and host of HR Happy Hour, a biweekly Internet radio show discussing the latest issues and trends affecting human resources.
- Joel Cheesman, founder of the recruiting blog Cheezhead.
- Ryan Estis, managing partner of Ryan Estis & Associates, a consulting practice focused on HR communications and training to create high engagement/high performance work cultures.
- Lance Haun, vice president of outreach at MeritBuilder, a tech startup that specializes in culture and employee engagement software and brain behind the YourHRGuy.com blog.
- Ann Herrmann-Nehdi, CEO of Herrmann International, the company that originated the Whole Brain Thinking approach with the development of the Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument (HBDI) assessment tool.
- Tory Johnson, CEO of Women For Hire, best-selling author, and workplace contributor on ABC’s Good Morning America.
- Sharlyn Lauby, president of Internal Talent Management Group, a training and human resources consulting firm, and the blogger behind HR Bartender.
- Jessica Lee, senior employment manager with APCO Worldwide, a global public relations firm headquartered in Washington, D.C., and editor of the blog Fistful of Talent.
- Alexandra Levit, a syndicated columnist for the Wall Street Journal and author of several best-selling career books. Her blog is Water Cooler Wisdom.
- Stephanie A. Lloyd, founder and CEO of Radiant Veracity in Atlanta.
- Michael Long, author of The Red Recruiter blog and founder of the Red Shoe Project, a nonprofit awareness campaign that aims to put the fun back into helping charities.
- Dan McCarthy, author of the leadership development blog Great Leadership, and the manager of leadership and management development at a Fortune “Great Place to Work,” “Training Top 125?, and “High Impact Learning” (HILO 80) company.
- Jennifer McClure, vice president of Centennial Inc., a Cincinnati-based consulting firm providing services to clients in executive search, executive coaching and career transition coaching and author of the Cincy Recruiter’s World blog.
- Franny Oxford, an HR executive with a passion for entrepreneurial organizations and author of the blog DoTheWork.
- Lindsey Pollak, author of “Getting from College to Career” and global campus spokesperson for LinkedIn.com. Lindsey also writes a top-rated career advice blog.
- Kari Quaas, author of the Seasonal Human Resources Blog and moderator of CoolWorks.com‘s presence in social media.
- Laurie Ruettimann, a seasoned and cynical HR professional with more than a decade of experience in Fortune 500 organizations and author of the PunkRockHr.com blog.
- Libby Sartain, former chief human resources officer of Yahoo! and Southwest Airlines, former chairman of the board of the Society for Human Resource Management, and co-author of the Brand for Talent blog.
- Dan Schawbel, author of “Me 2.0,” founder of the Personal Branding Blog, and BusinessWeek columnist.
- Jason Seiden, leadership consultant and author of “How to Self-Destruct,” and “Super Staying Power.”
- Mark Stelzner, founder of Inflexion Advisors and chairman of JobAngels, a grassroots nonprofit dedicated to helping people get back to work one person at a time.
- Susan D. Strayer, corporate director of talent acquisition for The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Co. and author of “The Right Job, Right Now.” Susan’s Kaleidoblog can be found at www.susanstrayer.com.
- Kathryn Kraemer Troutman, president of The Resume Place, which specializes in writing and designing professional federal and private-sector resumes, as well as coaching and education in the federal hiring process.
- Michael VanDervort, author of the The Human Race Horses blog.
We’re busy planning events right now to bring their expertise to your workplace. Meanwhile, you can learn more about their work here.