Last week, we asked: Do you use iPads or other tablet PCs at work?
- No — we don’t use these devices — 61%
- Some use them although there is no official support for them — 19%
- Yes — just recently have we used them professionally — 9%
- Yes — for a long time before the iPad was released — 6%
- We are planning to incorporate them — 5%
I know corporate adoption is slow, but I was still a bit surprised that four out of five respondents don’t have or don’t support tablet use in the workplace. Certainly they aren’t a laptop replacement, but for meetings and workers who have to move throughout their job and still be connected, they can be a real lifesaver. I know some companies won’t ever look to tablets as a solution, but I’m guessing we’ll see that number inch up consistently.