Lance Haun has inspired me to get my act together and share my schedule for SHRM’s annual conference. I’ll be blogging and tweeting live, and summarizing the best stuff in the daily SmartBrief on Workforce newsletter. If you’re blogging about any sessions, drop me a line and I’ll include your links in my daily blog roundup. This is a trip home for me, so by the time the conference starts, I will have already been in Louisiana a few days and will be hanging out for the rest of the week, as well. Please feel free to introduce yourself if you see me wandering around the Morial Center.
Sunday, June 28
- Jack Welch, 2:30 to 4 p.m.
- Press briefing, 5 p.m.
- Reception for “50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work for in America,” 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Monday, June 29
- “Securing the Future: Taking Succession Planning to the Next Level” with Angela Hill, BlessingWhite, 7 to 8:15 a.m.
- Meet with Fran Durekas, founder and chief development officer of Childrens’ Creative Learning Centers, 9:30 to 10 a.m.
- “10 Ways To Jazz Your Recruiting and Employee Self-Service Web Sites: Learn from Top Tourism Sites” with Joe Rotella, Delphia Consulting, 10:45 to Noon
- Lunch with Mark Stelzner, who will also be blogging about the conference.
- “Get More Work from Fewer People: Without Making Them Hate You or Quit” with Laura Stack, The Productivity Pro, 2 to 3:15 p.m.
- “Creating Executive Presence: Thinking on Your Feet” with Dianna Booher, Booher Consultants, 4 to 5:15 p.m.
- Dinner with one of my favorite HR writers
- Yahoo! HotJobs party, until 10 p.m.
Tuesday, June 30
- “Strategic Interviewing Practices” by Jennifer Shirkani, Penumbra Group, 7 to 8:15 a.m.
- John Kotter, 8:30 to 9:45 a.m.
- “Recruiting and Retention through Adversity: A Pre-and Post-Katrina Study,” 10:45 a.m. to Noon
- “Leading Your Organization through Downsizing” with SHRM COO China Gorman, et al, 2:15 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- “Stop Being Paralyzed by HR ‘Rules’: How to Innovatively Align HR Practices with Company Strategy,” with Linda S. Paul, director of team development at Meetup, 4 to 5:15 p.m.
- Tweetup, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Dinner with Laurie Ruettimann and Lance Haun.
Wednesday, July 1
- “Organizational Creativity, Disney Style,” with Scott Milligan, business program consultant for Disney Institute, 10 to 11:15 a.m.
- “HR Bloggers: Who are these people and why should I care?” with SHRM COO China Gorman, Laurie Ruettimann, Kris Dunn, Jessica Lee and Lance Haun, 11:30 a.m. to 12:45p.m.