SmartPulse — our weekly reader poll in Smartbrief on Workforce — tracks feedback from leading managers and HR practitioners. We run the poll question each Wednesday in our e-newsletter and feature analysis from Lance Haun, vice president of outreach for MeritBuilder, the main guy over at Rehaul.com and a member of the SmartBrief on Workforce Advisory Board, on this blog.
Last week’s question: Has your company changed its year-end bonus system in the past couple of years?
- We’ve never had bonuses, 26%
- No, we have the same bonus structure, 21%
- Yes, we eliminated bonuses completely, 20%
- No, we’ve had a performance based bonus for many years, 18%
- Yes, we went to a performance-based system, 16%
“More than 60% of companies haven’t changed their bonus structures over the last couple of years. Those that have are more likely to have eliminated them completely than changed them to a performance-based system, and more than a quarter of companies have never had any bonus system at all. Looks like the Grinches took this poll!”– Lance Haun