Here are a few fun food news and events to get the weekend started. Share your favorite stories of the week in the comments.
- Paula Deen beat out Padma and Giada as Maxim’s “Hottest Female TV Chef.”
- New York Times critic Sam Sifton crowned Per Se the best restaurant in New York in his last review.
- The fifth-annual NYC Food Film Festival kicked off this week and runs until Sunday.
- James Beard Foundation Food Conference live-streamed its event. Read SmartBrief coverage.
- The price of peanut butter is on the rise.