Our editors and writers sift through thousands of sources each day, reading a variety of content, including blogs and commentaries written by you and your peers.
In an effort to recognize some of the innovative voices in the field, we’ve asked our team to nominate their favorite content each month from which we’ll choose two winners for the Editor’s Choice Content Award. These award winners are then in the running for our annual Educators’ Choice Award.
Meet this month’s winners:
- Ramy Mahmoud for Data doesn’t tell a student’s whole story, District Administration
- Roxanna Elden for Interpreting Six Common Teacher Nightmares, MiddleWeb
- Terry Heick for How Technology Should Have Already Changed Your Teaching, TeachThought
Listen to an interview with Terry on Education Talk Radio.
- 5 Common Teaching Practices I’m Kicking to the Curb, Cult of Pedagogy
- Justin Minkel for What to Do the First Day of School (and Why), Education Week Teacher
- Lindsey Petlak for 5 Classroom Items I’m Glad I Ditched, Scholastic Top Teaching
Listen to an interview with Lindsey Petlak on Education Talk Radio.
- Tricia Ebner for Cleaning House, Center for Teaching Quality
- Jeff Ylinen for Why it’s critical to pair content with lab for course success, eCampus News
- Aaron Brock for History Students Create Children’s Books, Future of History
- Justin Reich for Can Text Messages and Interventions Nudge Students Through School?, Mind/Shift
Listen to an interview with Justin on Education Talk Radio.
- Jennifer L. Scheffer for 10 Edtech Tools Teachers Can Use Tomorrow (Literally), Make IT Happen
- Taylor Meredith for Starting Student Feedback Loops, The Formative Feedback Project
Listen to an interview with Taylor on Education Talk Radio.
- Sarah Henderson for Laughter and Learning: Humor Boosts Retention, Edutopia
- Mercer Hall and Patricia A. Russac for Inspiration Plus Creativity Equals Innovative Teaching And Learning, the ASIDE blog
Listen to an interview with Mercer and Patricia on Education Talk Radio.
- Brad Gustafson for What Do You Burn For?, Adjusting Course
Listen to an interview with Brad on Education Talk Radio.
- Ariel Sacks for Decoding the Common Core: A Teacher’s Perspective, Education Week
Listen to an interview with Ariel on Education Talk Radio.
- Starr Sackstein for Authentic Student-Led Discussion, Music to My Ears, Education Week Teacher, Work in Progress
Listen to an interview with Starr on Education Talk Radio.
- Andrew P. Marcinek, A Class Full of Geniuses, THE Journal
Listen to an interview with Andrew on Education Talk Radio.
- Lori Desautels for Energy and Calm: Brain Breaks and Focused-Attention Practices, Edutopia
Listen to an interview with Lori on Education Talk Radio.
- Nancy Barile for 10 Tips for Setting Successful Goals With Students, Education Week Teacher
Listen to an interview with Nancy on Education Talk Radio.
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about education. We offer newsletters covering higher education, educational leadership and more.