The SmartBrief on Social Media Advisory Board convened yesterday afternoon for its initial meeting — and a lot of good vibes.
An impressive list of social media thought leaders and practitioners, this new group will advise SmartBrief on the direction and content of the SmartBrief on Social Media daily newsletter, this blog and @SBoSM on Twitter.
CEO Rick Stamberger set forth the group mission: To help SmartBrief enlighten business leaders and marketers about the best ways to use social media and word-of-mouth marketing to their advantage. “As the media industry evolves, we have to stay ahead of the curve for SmartBrief readers. This advisory board gives us the insight and direction we need to keep that promise,” Stamberger said.
The SmartBrief on Social Media Advisory Board is:
- David Armano – Critical Mass
- John Bell – Ogilvy PR Worldwide
- Connie Bensen – Techrigy
- Olivier Blanchard, BrandBuilder, Inc.
- Paul Chaney – Bizzuka, Inc.
- Geno Church – Brains on Fire
- Todd Defren – SHIFT Communications
- Lindy Dreyer – SocialFish
- Ann Handley, MarketingProfs
- Shel Israel – GlobalNeighbourhoods
- John Jantsch – Duct Tape Marketing
- Mitch Joel – Twist Image
- Stacey Kane – California Tortilla
- Beth Kanter – Beth’s Blog
- Guy Kawasaki – Alltop
- Geoff Livingston – Livingston Communications
- Valeria Maltoni – Conversation Agent
- Drew McLellan – McLellan Marketing Group
- Stephanie Miller – Return Path
- John Moore – Brand Autopsy
- Steve Radick – Booz Allen Hamilton
- Andy Sernovitz — GasPedal
- Shiv Singh – Razorfish
- Debbie Weil – BlogWriteForCEOs and WordBiz.com, Inc.
- Morgan Witt – Red Door Interactive
Discussion at the meeting centered around social media trends, practices, risks and opportunities that SmartBrief’s editors should keep an eye on in the next six months.