SmartPulse — our weekly reader poll in SmartBrief on Restaurants — tracks feedback from restaurant owners and managers about current trends and issues.
Last week’s poll question: What bar trend are you most likely to adopt?
- Craft beers are something my restaurant can get on board with — 38.4%
- Locally produced beverages. They appeal to customers and it’s environmentally friendly — 25.5%
- Sparkling wine and punch — 5.6%
- Retro cocktails. No one can escape “Mad Men” fever — 10.4%
- My restaurant doesn’t serve alcohol — 20%
Don’t know the first thing about punch? Living in a cave and missed the advent of “Mad Men”? Does your knowledge of specialty beers end at Bud Light Lime? SmartBlog on Restaurants editors have gathered a few links to help you learn more about the latest bar trends.
- QSR Magazine tells you everything a restaurant operator needs to know about craft beers.
- SmartBrief editor Liz DeHoff discussed how to incorporate the locavore movement into your beverage menu.
- If you don’t subscribe to the daily e-mail newsletter Restaurant SmartBrief, then you might have missed The New York Times’ fascinating history of punch, which we summarized a couple of weeks ago.
- How to make a Manhattan, courtesy of About.com.
What other bar trends do you see on the horizon?