Our weekly reader poll in Restaurant SmartBrief — SmartPulse – tracks feedback from restaurant owners and managers about trends and issues.
Does your restaurant serve wine?
- No, my restaurant doesn’t serve alcohol of any kind: 31.31%
- We don’t serve wine, but we do serve beer: 2.02%
- Yes, we sell wine by the glass: 9.09%
- Yes, we sell wine both by the glass and by the bottle: 57.58%
Since it looks like the majority of Restaurant SmartBrief readers serve wine of some kind, we thought we’d round up some recent wine news for you. Salud!
- Eater asks: What is the story of American winemaking?
- Italian Pinot Grigio is the wine of the summer, according to Chef Jamie Gwen.
- Napa will be hosting the first North American Wine Tourism Conference, reports the North Bay Business Journal.
- Have you tried wine-flavored chocolates yet? Yes, this is candy and not wine, but this news from Relax News and The Independent still sounds delicious!