General Mills made the news quite a bit this week, and SmartBrief readers couldn’t get enough. The company’s moves to update its cereal products to take them outside of the confines of breakfast was the most-clicked story of the week, and its new Larabar Bites product and interest in the potential of alternative proteins also drew readers’ interest.
Out-of-the-box thinking in the kitchen also scored high among readers this week. They read more about how Wahlburgers‘ chef makes the perfect burger and how chefs are updating the classic ice cream sandwich. Readers were also interested in how chefs are using the Japanese countertop grill to jazz up the flavors in their food.
- General Mills develops cereal formats that go beyond the bowl
- Q&A: Wahlburgers chef on crafting the perfect burger
- Pastry chefs play with out-of-the-box ice cream sandwiches
- Fast-growing cold brew category still has room to grow, analysts say
- General Mills reveals Larabar Bites at 2016 Sweets & Snacks Expo
- Canada’s MTY to acquire Cold Stone parent Kahala Brands
- General Mills exec: Alternative proteins hold promise for the future
- Peapod teams with ConAgra, Campbell’s on meal kit line expansion
- Chefs turn to Japanese countertop grill for bold, clean flavor
- Whole Foods moves loyalty program toward nationwide rollout
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 14 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.