SmartBrief Education’s monthly Editor’s Choice Content Award recognizes content written by educators, for educators that inspires readers to engage, innovate and discuss. Our editors and writers sift through thousands of sources each day, reading a variety of content, including blogs and commentaries written by you and your peers. In an effort to recognize some of the innovative voices in the field, we ask our team to nominate their favorite content pieces each month from which we choose two winners. The winners then are in the running for our annual Educators’ Choice Award.
Meet this month’s winners:
- Mary Howard, It’s child’s play: The augmented reality sandbox
- Jennifer Guido, From literature to science: Should the subject affect how a teacher incorporates growth mindset?
Read about previous winners:
- Michelle Russell, Math: The pros & cons of productive struggle (Listen to an interview with Michelle on Education Talk Radio.)
- Ben Gilpin, Imagine the possibilities
- Sandy Merz, The only class rule you’ll ever need (Listen to an interview with Sandy on Education Talk Radio.)
- Michael Hernandez, Social justice projects in the classroom
- Curtis Chandler, Explore easy to use teaching tools this summer
- Dylan Fenton, Why revise? Because you have an authentic audience (Listen to an interview with Dylan on Education Talk Radio.)
- Bill Ferriter, When was the last time you wrote a positive note home to parents?
- Matt Levinson, Next generation learning: Bringing student agency back to schooling (Listen to an interview with Matt on Education Talk Radio.)
- Ashley Lamb-Sinclair, The new professionalism of teachers (Listen to an interview with Ashley on Education Talk Radio.)
- Jeff Herb, Collaboratively write music online
- Janelle Bence, Developing and Discussing Diverse Political Views In the Classroom
- Elyse Scott, How Feedback Can Be More Kid-Friendly (Listen to an interview with Elyse on Education Talk Radio.)
- Deidra Gammill, The Benefits of Using Doodling and Sketchnotes in the Classroom (Listen to an interview with Deidra on Education Talk Radio.)
- Richard Byrne, 10 Good Video Sources for Social Studies Teachers and Students
Read about the 2015 winners and the annual Educators’ Choice Content Award.
Meet more past winners.
Like this article? Sign up for ASCD SmartBrief to get news like this in your inbox, or check out all of SmartBrief’s education newsletters, covering career and technical education, educational leadership, math education and more.