Experimentation in the food and beverage industry drew readers this week. SmartBrief readers clicked on news about Mondelez’s move to bring its Milka Oreo product to the US market, as well as Chipotle’s test of drone delivery in a university market. Readers were also interested in EatingWell’s experimentation with new free-from frozen entrees and TreeHouse Foods’ new three-pronged growth strategy that will center around single-serve private-label beverages, value items and premium healthy products.
Food retailers’ recruiting strategies also ranked high with readers this week, with Target’s efforts to hire grocery leaders and boost its food teams getting the most clicks among the stories that ran in our food and beverage briefs. Lidl’s moves to recruit managers for its US stores was also a popular story among SmartBrief readers.
Stories about ready-to-eat popcorn, Tyson’s core products and culinary practices also made this week’s list of the 10 most-clicked stories. Check out the full list:
- Target sets up teams, hires leaders to grow grocery
- Mondelez brings Milka Oreo chocolate bars to US stores
- Chipotle to test drone delivery at Virginia Tech
- EatingWell debuts healthy frozen entree line
- Lidl starts recruiting managers for US stores
- TreeHouse Foods focuses on 3 areas to boost private label products
- BoomChickaPop thrives as ready-to-eat popcorn sales grow
- Tyson attributes positive outlook to its “Core 9” products
- Clafoutis show their savory side
- Practice is the secret to perfect paella, chef says
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 17 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.