The trend in this week’s most popular stories veered towards new products and concepts from the announcement of new candy products from Mars and new Girl Scout cookie-flavored cereals from General Mills to new store designs from Winn-Dixie and Taco Bell’s shipping container location in California.
News about ConAgra’s attention to industry trends through its new products such as its Healthy Choice Breakfast Bowls, super premium Bertolli offerings and IHOP-licensed pancake mixes also made the top five most-clicked stories in SmartBrief on Food & Beverage this past week.
Foodservice stories included Shake Shack’s success story and bridging the gap between foodservice and retail was news about Cinnabon’s move to offer its fresh cookies, muffins and cakes at grocers’ in-store bakeries and introduction of its Caramel Pecanbon cappuccino in convenience stores.
Check out the rest of the top 10 most-popular stories in food and beverage this week:
- Mars unveils a plethora of new candy products
- Franchisee builds shipping container Taco Bell in Calif.
- Girl Scout cookie-flavored cereals to hit shelves
- ConAgra’s new products capture emerging market trends
- Cinnabon brings signature products to grocery bakeries
- Winn-Dixie to roll out 5 new store designs
- The Fresh Market revamps logo, format in N.C.
- Bai Brands names new investor Justin Timberlake its chief flavor officer
- Focus on community is key to Shake Shack’s success, marketing exec says
- AmazonFresh launches in Dallas, Chicago
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 17 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.