News about the House of Representatives’ six-month delay of the overtime rule was this week’s most-clicked story, and readers were also drawn to stories about new product innovations. Hershey’s new Cookie Layer Crunch candy bar line caught readers’ attention, as did the news that Dunkin’ Donuts teamed up with Coca-Cola to launch a line of bottled coffee drinks.
SmartBrief readers were also interested in the latest restaurant news, including a Q&A with Wendy’s CEO Todd Penegor and survey results revealing that Chick-fil-A’s polite employees ranked the company at the top of the list among restaurant chains. In culinary news, readers were taken by the popularity of the north African dish shakshuka, which features eggs cooked in tomato sauce.
Lidl made the top 10 list this week as the company started its expansion into the US. Readers were also interested in news about Safeway’s addition of Amazon pickup lockers in its stores, and insight from Kroger’s CEO on how the chain plans to offer shoppers a seamless experience.
Check out this week’s full top 10 list:
1. Overtime law implementation delayed by House
2. Hershey reinvents the candy bar with new Cookie Layer Crunch line
3. Lidl may have the ingredients for US grocery success
4. Dunkin’ Donuts, Coca-Cola to launch Dunkin’ bottled coffee
5. Q&A: CEO Todd Penegor discusses Wendy’s challenges and future
6. Shakshuka is a versatile dish for any time of day
7. Survey: Chick-fil-A comes out on top for customer service
8. Safeway stores add Amazon pickup lockers
9. Kroger CEO: Grocers must please diverse array of shoppers
10. ConAgra adjusts pricing model to “restage” brand
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 17 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.