Fans anticipating the unveiling of this year’s holiday cup from Starbucks were rewarded with 13 different designs created by the chain’s more artistic customers. About 1,200 people submitted their designs for the cup in an Instagram contest last year and most of the winning pictures include traditional Christmas images including reindeer, Santa and snowflakes.
The Starbucks story ranked first with readers this week, followed by the news of ALDI’s new humorous commercials, which star consumers comparing their favorite brand name ice cream, chips, cheese and other items with the grocer’s comparable private-label products.
ConAgra Foods’ new name, Bai Brands new soda line and Totino’s success with millennials rounded out the top five.
Read the whole Top 10 list:
- Starbucks rolls out holiday cups with 13 crowdsourced designs
- ALDI campaign uses humor to promote private-label prices
- ConAgra Foods changes name to Conagra Brands after divesting Lamb Weston
- Bai Brands rolls out 5-variety soda line
- Courting millennials pays off for Totino’s
- Southeastern Grocers unveils new Harveys format at 73 stores
- Kellogg debuts Cinnamon Frosted Flakes
- Conagra to debut non-dairy Reddi-wip with coconut milk, almond milk
- Clif Bar grows under Cleary’s leadership
- Coca-Cola sees almost double-digit growth for smaller cans, bottles
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 17 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.