News about CPG companies accounted for six of the 10 most-clicked stories across SmartBrief’s food and beverage newsletters this week. PepsiCo CEO’s work with the company’s chief scientist on product innovation was the most popular story, followed by General Mills’ lineup of the year’s newest products. News about 50 new Kellogg products and the departure of a company executive also made the list of this week’s most-clicked stories, as did Mars’ acquisition of pet care business VCA and Fiji’s new water bottle design.
Stories about major restaurant brands also resonated with readers with week, with news about Starbucks’ new sous vide egg items and Amazon Alexa’s newest restaurant-ordering capabilities showing up on this week’s top 10 list, in addition to some culinary news stories.
Read all of these stories and check out the full list of this week’s most-clicked news items:
- PepsiCo CEO Nooyi aims to “innovate the hell out of the company”
- General Mills launches a plethora of new items
- Kellogg announces 50 new product debuts
- Acquisition makes Mars’ pet care business bigger than its confectionery segment
- Fiji Water overhauls bottle design with new look
- Kellogg VP DeGrace joins Amplify Snack Brands
- Amazon adds restaurant ordering to Alexa’s features
- The Reuben gets a meatless makeover
- Oven-dried grapes can elevate a simple salad
- Starbucks steps up breakfast with sous vide eggs
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 17 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.