News of a new line of chilled foods from Oprah and Kraft Heinz was this week’s most popular story among readers, who favored news about product innovations across the food and beverage industry. McDonald’s announcements that it will sell Big Macs via ATM in Boston and team with UberEATS in Florida engaged readers, as did news of Wegmans’ new heat-and-eat meals. Stories about new products from CPG brands were a popular trend this week, with new products from Fruit Gushers, Chex Mix and Bugles, Conagra’s new Healthy Choice Power Bowls line and McCall Farms’ see-through plastic can packaging for its new veggie line all making the list of the 10 most popular stories in SmartBrief’s food and beverage newsletters.
Outside of product innovation, stories about the future of the food and beverage industry also did well this week. Research predicting that online sales will increase significantly within the next five years in the CPG space was popular among readers, and news about the new jobs that will be created by the merger between Albertsons and Safeway also made the top 10.
Check out the full list of this week’s 10 most-read stories:
- Oprah partners with Kraft Heinz for new chilled food line
- US chefs earn historic victory in Bocuse d’Or competition
- McDonald’s to debut Big Mac ATM in Boston
- Wegmans debuts line of 8 heat-and-eat prepared meals
- New items from Fruit Gushers, Chex Mix, Bugles hit shelves
- Online CPG product sales to escalate over next 5 years, IRI predicts
- Conagra to debut Healthy Choice Power Bowls line
- Albertsons, Safeway merger created 26,000 new jobs
- McCall Farms packages new vegetable line in see-through plastic cans
- McDonald’s, UberEATS roll out Fla. delivery test
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 20 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.