This week, SmartBrief readers were interested in Post Holdings’ strategy that pulled from the startup mindset to grow sales following its merger with MOM Brands. The story was the most popular among our food and beverage newsletters this week, followed by news about Conagra’s upcoming frozen food lines. Other news stories of note included Hostess’s sales growth fueled by millennials’ desire to indulge, longtime Kroger exec Jayne Homco’s career advice and a shift in consumer flavor preferences to more ethnic and adventurous flavors.
News about executive moves also drew readers’ interest this week. Coca-Cola announced a newly-created chief growth officer role, while TreeHouse Food chose a new leader for its Snacks division. Readers also clicked on stories about Darden’s acquisition of Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen and a potential partnership between Freshii and Subway.
Check out the full list of this week’s most-clicked food and beverage stories:
- Post Consumer Brands CEO takes startup mentality to grow sales
- Conagra to roll out 2 new frozen food lines this summer
- Hostess CEO: Millennials embrace “license to indulge”
- Coca-Cola names first chief growth officer, cuts global CMO role
- Darden to pay $780M for Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen
- Kroger exec: Ambition, patience are key for grocers
- Freshii chief proposes Subway partnership
- Report: US consumers crave new flavors
- Sourdough is next step for those who have mastered no-knead bread
- TreeHouse Foods names Bishop president of Snacks unit
If you enjoyed this article, join SmartBrief’s email list for more stories about the food and beverage industry. We offer 20 newsletters covering the industry from restaurants to food manufacturing.