SmartBrief Education’s monthly Editor’s Choice Content Award recognizes content written by educators, for educators that inspires readers to engage, innovate and discuss. Our editors and writers sift through thousands of sources each day, reading a variety of content, including blogs and commentaries written by you and your peers. In an effort to recognize some of the innovative voices in the field, we ask our team to nominate their favorite content pieces each month from which we choose two winners. The winners then are in the running for our annual Educators’ Choice Award.
Meet this month’s winners:
- Lisa Dabbs, Tips for lesson planning for new teachers
- Matt Miller, On paying for digital classroom tools
Meet previous winners:
- Matthew Johnson, The advantages of being a new teacher
- Christina Torres, A teacher’s response to Parkland: “I don’t know how to protect you anymore”
- Nancy Jang, Sub day plans: One and done!
- Michael Dunlea, When quitting is persisting
Melissa Greenwood is the education content director at SmartBrief.
Like this article? Sign up for ASCD SmartBrief to get news like this in your inbox, or check out all of SmartBrief’s education newsletters, covering career and technical education, educational leadership, math education and more.