The ultra-modern makeover of McDonald’s Chicago flagship proved most popular with SmartBrief’s food-and-beverage readers this week. The 19,000-square-foot restaurant is encased in 27-foot high windows and topped with live trees. Inside, the eatery boasts the latest in McDonald’s tech features including self-ordering kiosks.
A system-wide plan to invest $6 billion in upgrades at McDonald’s restaurants also made the top 10, as did Steak ‘n” Shake’s offer to let franchisees buy in at bargain prices.
CPG stories also caught readers’ attention this week, starting with an interview with Tyson Foods CEO Tom Hayes, who talked about a future that involves producing more protein with fewer animals by expanding into plant-based and lab-grown meats.
Read the entire Top 10:
- McDonald’s unveils a modern new look in Chicago
- Steak ‘n’ Shake offers a buy-in deal to new franchisees
- ALDI to upgrade offerings in US supermarkets
- Tyson CEO: “If we can grow the meat without the animal, why wouldn’t we?”
- Kraft Heinz CEO on freshening up brands for a healthier era
- McDonald’s, franchisees embark on $6B upgrade plan
- H-E-B converting Houston store to online fulfillment site
- Hershey vet named CEO of Perfetti Van Melle North America
- Coca-Cola embarks on SKU-cutting initiative
- Nestle looks to startups for innovative ideas
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for Restaurant Smartbrief to get news like this in your inbox, or check out all of SmartBrief’s food and travel newsletters as we offer more than 30 newsletters covering the food and travel industries from restaurants, food retail and food manufacturing to business travel, the airline and hotel industries and gaming.