SmartBrief Education’s monthly Editor’s Choice Content Award recognizes content written by educators, for educators that inspires readers to engage, innovate and discuss. Our editors and writers sift through thousands of sources each day, reading a variety of content, including blogs and commentaries written by you and your peers. In an effort to recognize some of the innovative voices in the field, we ask our team to nominate their favorite content pieces each month from which we choose two winners. The winners then are in the running for our annual Educators’ Choice Award.
Meet this month’s winners:
Meet previous winners:
- Maryann Woods-Murphy, Forget about the pipeline, school discipline is already a prison for many students
- Laska Blodgett, Helping underserved students in Jamaica to learn, while learning a few lessons of my own
- Seth Saavedra, Redefining the possible
- Derek Voiles, Want to improve schools? Look to teacher leaders
- Robert Ward, Life lessons from fictional characters
- Jennifer Pieratt, Deciding when PBL makes sense for your year
- Sarah Anderson, Place-based education: think globally, teach locally
- Tiffany Osborne, Learning to lead together: harnessing your change-agent superpower
- Sol Henik, Developing your classroom presence
- Mark Ray, Are you a future ready librarian?
- Heather Stinson, Keeping our students safe
- Rebecca Scott, The New Librarian: How to lead a tech-integration revolution
- Josh Parker, Breaking the class ceiling: teaching for mastery and enrichment
- Micere Keels, Supporting students with chronic trauma
- Lisa Dabbs, Tips for lesson planning for new teachers
- Matt Miller, On paying for digital classroom tools
- Matthew Johnson, The advantages of being a new teacher
- Christina Torres, A teacher’s response to Parkland: “I don’t know how to protect you anymore”
- Nancy Jang, Sub day plans: One and done!
- Michael Dunlea, When quitting is persisting
Kanoe Namahoe is the director of content for SmartBrief Education and Workforce.
Like this article? Sign up for ASCD SmartBrief to get news like this in your inbox, or check out all of SmartBrief’s education newsletters, covering career and technical education, educational leadership, math education and more.