Chobani’s launch of a line of childrens’ yogurt products was the most-clicked story by SmartBrief’s food and beverage readers this week. The Chobani Gimmies portfolio includes items such as pouches, tubes and milkshakes. Readers were also interested in Kraft Heinz’s acquisition of paleo-friendly condiment and dressing maker Primal Kitchen for $200 million, as well as a survey that broke down each state’s favorite holiday candy.
In other popular CPG news, Procter & Gamble announced that it is exploring different options within the e-commerce space, including the possibility of product customization. Additionally, Nestle’s forthcoming New Jersey-based Health Science Center and new products from Conagra and B&G Foods made waves this week.
On the grocery side, readers kept a keen eye on Wegmans’ impending entry into the Washington, D.C., market, as well as Dollar General’s expansion plan and its continued focus on food. Check out the full list of this week’s 10 most popular food and beverage stories from SmartBrief:
1. Chobani debuts 14 kids’ products with Gimmies line launch
2. Kraft Heinz to buy Primal Kitchen for $200M
3. P&G testing e-commerce options
4. Survey reveals each state’s favorite holiday candy
5. Nestle opens $70M N.J.-based Health Science center
6. Conagra, B&G Foods among brands launching new products
7. Wegmans preparing to enter D.C. market
8. Dollar General to keep growing, add to focus on food
9. Campbell sees strong interest from potential Bolthouse, Garden Fresh buyers
10. UNFI sells SUPERVALU-owned Hornbacher’s stores
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for GMA SmartBrief to get news like this in your inbox, or check out all of SmartBrief’s food and travel newsletters as we offer more than 30 newsletters covering the food and travel industries from restaurants, food retail and food manufacturing to business travel, the airline and hotel industries and gaming.