The news that Kraft Heinz will be bringing Unicorn Macaroni & Cheese to store shelves caught food-and-beverage readers’ attention this week and topped this week’s list of most-read stories. The boxes will include pasta in the shape of stars, rainbows and unicorn heads.
In other CPG news, Nestle identified several trends that it plans to innovate around, including CBD, keto, allergen-friendly, plant-based and food as medicine. Stories from Bob’s Red Mill and General Mills also ranked on the week’s top 10 list.
On the restaurant front, the announcement of the James Beard award finalists got the attention of readers, as did advice about how to slice vegetables to create a winning ice water salad. Restaurant chains including Dunkin’ and Red Robin also made news this week.
In the retail sector, readers were interested in Target’s pilot of a snack bar where customers can pay using a self-serve kiosk. The grab-and-go concept offers such snacks as salads, packaged items and Pizza Hut offerings.
Read the entire Top 10:
- Kraft Heinz debuts Unicorn Macaroni & Cheese
- Nestle identifies key trends for future innovation
- James Beard Foundation announces finalists for chef, media awards
- Mandoline slicer makes an enticing ice water salad
- Fishbowl Analytics reveals top 10 on-the-rise restaurant concepts
- Target pilots grab-and-go snack bar concept
- Dunkin’ provides branded shoes for America to run on
- Red Robin adding Impossible burgers to the menu next month
- How Bob’s Red Mill became a gluten-free powerhouse
- General Mills’ cereal sales rise 4%
- The ups and downs of sharing commercial kitchen space
- Restaurants turn to parties and perks to recruit, retain employees
- Retailer as curator of the premium experience: Opening avenues of discovery for shoppers
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for GMA SmartBrief to get news like this in your inbox, or check out all of SmartBrief’s food and travel newsletters as we offer more than 30 newsletters covering the food and travel industries from restaurants, food retail and food manufacturing to business travel, the airline and hotel industries and gaming.