Stories from snack bar makers tempted SmartBrief’s food-and-beverage readers this week. News that KIND Healthy Snacks has created a bar for the frozen-food section topped this week’s most-clicked list. And at number 10 is the story of RxBar’s founders and the path that led to the brand’s acquisition by Kellogg for $600 million in 2017.
Retail stories also caught readers’ attention. Whole Foods’ new Whole Foods Market Daily Shop prototype launched in New York City to test a convenience store approach to selling organic and natural foods. Sprouts Farmers Market is also exploring new prototypes as it grows into new markets.
On the culinary side, a q-and-a feature with Chef Thomas Keller also made the list. Keller talked about the importance of quality ingredients, the role of mentors and where inspiration comes from during an interview at the National Restaurant Association Show in Chicago.
Read the entire Top 10:
- KIND Snacks makes frozen food debut
- General Mills unveils Drumstick cereal
- Canned food costs skyrocket due to tariffs, Del Monte CEO says
- Utz updates Little Utz Girl logo
- General Mills debuts Fillows cereal
- Whole Foods testing c-store model in NYC
- Sprouts taking on new markets, prototype stores
- Ferrero unveils plethora of new products
- Q&A: Chef Thomas Keller’s recipe for success
- How RxBar went from startup to $600M sale
- Plant-based foods, off-premise tech solutions stood out at restaurant show
- Investing in underutilized talent pools can strengthen the restaurant workforce
- Teens in the kitchen: Gen Z’s independence in food and cooking choices
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for Restaurant Smartbrief to get news like this in your inbox, or check out all of SmartBrief’s food and travel newsletters as we offer more than 30 newsletters covering the food and travel industries from restaurants, food retail and food manufacturing to business travel, the airline and hotel industries and gaming.