This week, readers gravitated towards CPG stories, with new product news taking the cake in the top five most-read stories. Taking the number one spot was news about McCormick & Co.’s plans to debut new products including street food seasonings, Thai Kitchen coconut milk packaged in a resealable carton and complementary seasonings for vegetables, protein and starch before the end of the year.
Other CPG news in the top 5 included Candy Industry’s list of top candy companies in North America, Nestle’s introduction of paper candy wrappers and Hershey rolling out Reese’s Baking Cups and Pieces, which includes a mixture of both Reese’s Pieces candy and miniature versions of the brand’s peanut butter cups.
News in the restaurant industry also made this week’s list, with Hooters of America’s new parent company announcing that it plans to expand Hoots, the fast-casual concept launched by the company two years ago, landing in the top 5. Taco Bell’s sold-out takeover of the 70-room V Palm Springs Hotel for five days in August was also widely read, as was news about minimum wage increases taking effect.
Check out the rest of the top 10 most-read stories this week:
- McCormick & Co. reveals upcoming innovations
- Candy Industry releases North American Sweet 60 list of top candy companies
- Nestle introduces paper candy wrappers
- New Hooters owners to grow fast-casual Hoots concept
- Hershey brings Reese’s Baking Cups and Pieces to the baking aisle
- DTC cereal brand Magic Spoon swiftly sold out of inventory
- Comedians help Hostess celebrate its 100th birthday
- Taco Bell hotel takeover proves popular with brand fans
- Minimum wage increases take effect today in 22 areas
- Ahold Delhaize sets aside $681M bond for sustainability
- Living with limits: Food shopping strategies of today’s low-income consumers
- New fancy food brands, products reflect ongoing hot trends
- Biodiversity plays a key role in the future of food
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for GMA Smartbrief, PMA SmartBrief, or Restaurant SmartBrief to get news like this in your inbox, or check out all of SmartBrief’s food and travel newsletters as we offer more than 30 newsletters covering the food and travel industries from restaurants, food retail and food manufacturing to business travel, the airline and hotel industries and gaming.