News that Unilever ranks highest among consumer packaged goods companies for workplace satisfaction topped this week’s Top 10 among SmartBrief’s food and beverage readers. Unilever was followed by Red Bull, Hershey, Danone, Post Consumer Brands and Campbell Soup, according to an analysis of data from career website Indeed. Readers were also interested in new products rolled out during the National Confectioners Association’s Sweets & Snacks Expo, including Sour Patch Kids candy bits from partners Mondelez and Perfect Snax, and Cocoa Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles candy bars from Post Consumer Brands’ and Frankford Candy.
Readers were also drawn in by restaurant news, including the announcement by Subway that it will overhaul its menu to include upgraded ingredients, including breads, as well as four new and four revamped menu items. News of SPB Hospitality’s $220 million acquisition of J. Alexander’s and the Small Business Administration closure of the Restaurant Revitalization Fund portal on July 14 also resonated with readers.
On the food retail side, the sudden departure of Klaus Gehrig, CEO of Lidl parent the Schwarz Group, garnered clicks among readers, as did a Supermarket News and IGD report detailing the top grocers based on sales. Dollar General’s expansion of its produce offerings to 10,000 stores also made news.
Read the full Top 10:
- Unilever earns top spot for CPG workplace culture
- Subway announces major menu makeover
- Calif. adopts universal school meals
- J. Alexander’s to be acquired by SPB Hospitality
- CEO of Lidl’s parent company departs after disagreement
- New CPG products revealed at Sweets & Snacks Expo
- Freeman: Federal action needed to curb labor shortage
- Restaurant Revitalization Fund to end on July 14
- Report: Walmart, Amazon, Kroger top 3 grocers for sales
- Dollar General expands produce offering to 10K stores
- TikTok brings unexpected success for food, beverage industry
- Grocers continue to make e-commerce moves
- Investors see the potential in plant-based alternatives
If you enjoyed this article, you can sign up for the FMI dailyLead, ProChef SmartBrief or Restaurant SmartBrief to get news like this in your inbox. For even more great news content, sign up for any of SmartBrief’s 275+ free email newsletters today, free.